Hermana Jones

Hermana Jones

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Happy Easter!

Hello and Happy Easter to all! I cannot believe it is that time of year again, which is by far one of my favorites. I am always amazed at the love I continue to feel from my Savior and really what His infinite sacrifice means for me and each one of us. We as missionaries have been using little cards while contacting that highlight the new "Aleluya -- Siguelo" video from the Church; I think it is called “Follow Him” en ingles. I encourage everyone to watch and share it throughout this coming week! It is so beautiful and focuses on the Savior in a way that all who believe in Him have in common. Check it out at LDS.org. This morning for study time I began reading "Jesus El Cristo" or "Jesus the Christ" and I LOVE it. I am only 5 pages in and am learning and finding so much. It will be my P-day study project for the next long while (it is a huge book). I will be preparing to give a talk in Sacrament Meeting in the MC Ward this coming Easter Sunday about how we can desarollar, or develop, Christlike attributes that will help us be more faithful. I am very excited because in studying for this talk I will learn so much more! We can always come closer to the Savior.

This week Hermana Lambert and I really focused on having more member-present lessons and we saw results because of it. Our goal is to have a Church member with us every time we go to teach in RF. We are working very hard to move things forward from a near stand-still in that area. However, we will not be working much this Friday or Saturday due to La Semana Santa. Here, on Friday, they will be doing a representación of the Crucifixion. They have chosen someone to act in the role of Jesus who will be paraded around the pueblo carrying a cross to a hill nearby and will crucify him. I understand that here they only tie him to the cross here but there are some places where they actually use nails. He won't be killed of course but that is part of how they celebrate here. On Saturday it is customary to "mojar" people; that means pour buckets of water on random people in the streets. I am not exactly sure about the history of this custom, but that is one of the reasons why we will be keeping a lower profile near the weekend ha ha :)

Okay, I must say that I just love my companion. First, because she is an amazing missionary all around! Second, because she is totally my spokesman for this whole recent food/we need to take care of Hermana Jones because she is having some health issues development. Yesterday in the J Ward Relief Society (that is who will be organizing meals for us during April) she announced to the dear Heramanas that the doctor has said that I cannot eat a ton of food anymore in an effort to help regulate my diet and sugar levels. However, she told them that she will gladly eat whatever I don't. They were all laughing and took it really well so I think we successfully avoided offending anyone and I am in the clear! She also has taken it upon herself to intercede at meals and tell the wonderful people who feed us, when they ask if I would like seconds, that I can't eat too much but that she would LOVE some more. They always say "of course, that's fine!" Thanks to her, I may get this thing worked out. Three big cheers for the amazing Hermana Lambert!! Seriously, love her. The intermittent snacks have been helping and it is really easy to find things like Snickers and pumpkin seeds etc. I will be honest, I do not like mineral water at all but I will drink it if it helps. I will keep you posted.

We played soccer today with a few Elders in our Zone and a family who was baptized about 9 months ago. SO FUN! I love being in a country that loves its futbol. We are also teaching a woman named Margarita who works in a torilleria (I believe I mentioned her awhile back) and is so cool. We contacted her awhile ago because in the tortilleria there is a picture of the Resurrected Christ but have had less contact with her for a bit because she told us she didn't have time. The other day we decided to drop in again and she got super excited and told us she had some doubts/questions for us related to the folleto (pamphlet) about the Restauracion. When she turned around to get the folleto, Hermana Lambert and I did a few little air fist pumps -- we love when people have questions because it means they are actually reading and thinking! It is encouraging when people study with a sincere intent to learn rather than with guile. We had a great time with her, gave her a copy of the Book of Mormon to add to her studies, and she has been reading it! We hope that she comes to recognize for herself that it is a second witness of Christ, along with the Bible. Good stuff :)

Ok well that's all I have time for for now. Have a great week and a wonderful Easter! LOVE YOU!

Hermana Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment