Hermana Jones

Hermana Jones

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Serving a mission is also preparing me for the real mission I have ahead of me when my time here is finished.

Today we are going to Zocalo and the Centro as a district which will be a lot of fun. I just want to share a few things real quick. President and Sister Stutznegger joined us for Church yesterday. It was so fun to have them with us! I love this little casa de oraciĆ³n. I will try to get some pictures. I played the keyboard during Sacrament Meeting yesterday haha. The two Elders who are with us in the branch play so much better than I do but circumstances arose that put me in the hot-seat :)

Yesterday was hard. My two wonderful investigators who were going to be baptized on July 30 couldn't make it to Church and their baptism date is changing. I will be transferred to Neza in two weeks and will be training again so I will no longer be here. It was really discouraging for them to not be there yesterday but then I realized again the importance of patience and that serving a mission is also preparing me for the real mission I have ahead of me when my time here is finished.

The good news is that A.R. was baptized on Saturday up in Monte Corona Ward in my previous area. Hna Lambert and I got to know her really well through English classes and began to teach her. The Elders there are wonderful and really helped her to learn and progress to where she is now. It was fun to see so many of the people I love in the mountains again! A.R. was the first person to be baptized that Ward since December.


Hermana Martinez and I with A.R. at her baptism.


I love these kids SO MUCH. They are the grand kids of the wonderful Hermana T who lives in La Rey and helps us a lot by going with us to teach lessons. One of these boys is not yet a Church member but wants to be baptized. We played a fun memory card game about faith with them yesterday and then had tamales oaxaquenos and hot milk.


Love these two girls -- I and J from the Monte Corona Ward in my previous area. They are the ones who fed me chicken heart. We met their cousins here in our current area and we are helping them become active in the Gospel again.


This is us making chiles rellenos (I will be making them for you when I get back) in the home of P, a woman we are teaching and who we eat with every Thursday. She is progressing very well to be baptized on the 6th of August. It was so funny how we met her. Hermana Martinez and I were walking down the street when an old Volkswagen bug pulled up behind us and two people in the back tried getting our attention. Usually when that happens I just keep walking but they insisted so we turned around. It was P and her "husband" M asking if we could visit them. Turns out that they had been receiving the Hermanas from the Chalco Mission for a few months last year and want to be baptized. We have been working with them since. Wonderful people!

Well, I need to go for now. I love you very much. Thank you for everything.

Hermana Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment