Hermana Jones

Hermana Jones

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Mexico City Temple

Hola! I am going to try to focus a lot on downloading pictures this week so this message won't be as long due to time constraints. First of all, I want to say thank you Mom and Dad for your love and support. It means so much to me to that you are there thinking of me and praying for me but still living your lives. I love hearing about everything you and the boys are doing. Thank you for fulfilling your callings so willingly. It sounds like Young Women Camp was awesome! The two of you bless and inspire so many people in our stake, especially the youth. I am so happy for Brayden (my cousin going on a mission to Wisconsin, speaking Hmong)! The MTC will be the perfect place for him. He is going to thrive there.

Quick random note...the food here is so delicious. My favorite breakfast so far is homemade tamales with thick, creamy, cinnamon-y hot chocolate. SO GOOD. Chocolate and cheese are so much tastier here. Delicious! Breakfasts here tend to be more like lunch and dinner foods than what we are used to in the States. 

Today for P day we went to the Mexico City Temple grounds and the visitors center in Mexico City! They are both so beautiful and I can't wait to serve there when it is reopened. I loved seeing the sister missionaries there serving already. The ones who took us on the tour were awesome. They were from Guatemala and the Dominican Republic. The bus ride was super fun because we were with a bunch of Latinos singing hymns in Spanish and talking and laughing. The sisters at the Temple were very excited to hear that I play futbol and assured me that if I tell the people I teach that I played futbol in America that they will listen to me haha :)

You will be happy to know that I had a major break through with Spanish last Friday! It was the most amazing thing. I have been able to memorize quite a few things in Spanish, including Joseph Smith’s “First Vision”. In both of our lessons on Friday something just clicked. I shared the First Vision from memory with both investigators, and bore my testimony of how they can find answers to their prayers, as Joseph Smith found answers to his, if they sincerely study the scriptures and pray. I was able to talk! I was able to teach! (Quick background for my friends of other faiths, we teach many principles as missionaries and part of what we teach is the importance of prophets, especially for us today, how Joseph Smith became a prophet, and that we have a prophet today) Literally, I felt that the words were put in my mouth and both teachers/investigators really felt the Holy Spirit from the lesson and later praised me. (They are AMAZING teachers, by the way, and I am learning so much from them!) Since Friday my compaƱera and I have been united in our teaching. We are able to bounce off of and testify of what the other is saying. It feels amazing. I know that Heavenly Father is watching over me.

That is all I have time for for now. I love you so much :)

Love, Hermana Jones


Mmmm...sugar coma coming my way... Thanks for the Krispe Kremes!


It rains here. A lot. There are thunder showers almost every afternoon and evening. The mornings are nice and cool. (Emily's expression of "we may need a canoe eventually" :)


Our bus to the city center. 


The beautiful Mexico City Temple. I cannot wait to serve there. My companion is wonderful!


Palacio de Bellas Artes (Palace of Fine Arts)


Angel de la Independencia (monument on a roundabout in the Paseo de la Reforma, a main avenue in the heart of the city)


Benito Juarez Monument, near Alameda Central, a public park in Mexico City.


Not sure of the name of this fountain.


The Hermanas going to my mission when we finish at the CCM. I love them! Fortunately I get to see them multiple times every day.


My classroom where I spend almost all day every day. We love it...even the occasional competition to liberate ourselves from the mosquitoes :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment