Hermana Jones

Hermana Jones

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Prayer

Well, I was hoping to send pictures but they aren't working at the moment so you may not be getting any this week but I will keep working on it. In the mean time, another week has gone by! It is so weird to be sitting next to my trainer and knowing that this time tomorrow I will be teaching with someone new. Last night as we walked home we realized that it was our last time teaching together and we will most likely never do so again :( I can't believe that 12 weeks has gone by with her. So fast... In thinking about dad’s mission reunion, and the opportunity he had to see such great people again, I am looking forward to events like that someday because there are wonderful people here who I love so much! One thing about serving a mission that I am truly grateful for -- all of the people I am meeting. It is so hard to think of the reality that one day I will have to say goodbye to these people probably for forever.

As a missionary, we have the opportunity to learn patience. That’s for sure. Sunday was a bit disappointing because we have 4 investigators progressing to baptism and not one of them came to Church. However, we just need to continue working with them and helping them to receive blessings as they keep commitments. The work goes on!

This last week I had my first divisions with Hermana Sic from Guatemala (divisions are where companions work with missionaries from other areas and receive training). She is a firecracker packed into a teeny little frame haha and I love her. She is awesome and I had a blast teaching with her. It was very different being the one leading the area and deciding where we would go when lessons fell through etc., but it also felt really good. The day before and the morning of divisions I prayed very hard for awhile to my Father in Heaven for the blessing of peace and confidence -- I was feeling quite nervous. Then when the time came to leave my companion and head back to my area with Hermana Sic, I felt filled with a power that was not my own. Everything went so well and I guided the lessons and talked in such a way that I have not before. I was filled with total calmness and confidence during all of our lessons. I had a fun time getting to know Hermana Sic as well and enjoyed learning from her. This was a direct answer to prayer from Heavenly Father. I know that He knows each one of us individually and answers our prayers that are offered in sincere faith, and not just for the sake of offering a prayer. Prayer is something that I sometimes take for granted but I am truly grateful for the ability to communicate with our Heavenly Father. In the Book of Mosiah (in the Book of Mormon) when the people in Alma are in bondage, it is a great example of how we can overcome difficulties, or sometimes scary situations, with His divine help.

Well, this time next week I will have likely had a week in my area with a new Hermana! I find out tomorrow morning!

Love you all!

Hermana Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment